Here we go.

28 October 2012

H pardy!

About a month or so, a sum of us decided to throw a proper Halloween bash.  For the past several years, Little Rock has been beset with shows where people play in cover bands -- this year it was the Smiths, Smashing Pumpkins, Jawbreaker, Springsteen, and someone else -- and it's all well and good, but it's not an acceptable substitute for a Halloween party.   So, weeks ago, we met up and made an ambitious list of things we wanted at this affair.  Even though we didn't get to do all of it, we did most of it.  I'm pretty proud of the end result and the crew I worked with.  Right now, I never want to throw another party ever again.  Maybe I'll feel differently after I recover?  Last night's  blowout was fun, even if I didn't know half of the people who showed and it was still going as I was leaving.  As far as I know, people behaved -- no fights, no peeing in the BBQ grill (4th of July 2010), and no barfing.  Some gal did knock over the disco ball set up, but I think it was an accident?  Well done, everyone.


The dance floor was painted and pre-assembled upstairs:
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Zach applying adhesive to the panel:
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

The second room got a quick paint job makeover:
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Blair, Matt & I got the masks up outside:
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Gotta have black birds and black roses:
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

The bar area:
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

In the bathroom:
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Used disco ball:
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Finished Twin Peaks dance floor, complete with red drapes:
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

I got inspiration from this gal for my makeup.  The beginnings:
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Photo by Blair:
99E55EFF-6E46-4FCC-8F4B-C87EB249FD02-9851-00000697DC66F674, Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

ATM's funny leaning cowboy silhouette costume:
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

KMHD & Blair:
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Zach:
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

We find a way.  Dented disco ball + record player + mounted flashlight = obviously:
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App


ATM at the decks:
DB2B54E8-0A23-49ED-A37B-BAE085462BF6-9851-000006982A04B0B9, Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

As more and more people showed up, it became increasingly difficult for getting around, let alone take photos.  But, I took one when I got home and was amazed that I didn't mess up my make up.  It turns out that cheap black eyeliner is the best thing to use instead of the general stuff they market as Halloween make up :
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Even though I was hostess, I got a parting gift! Steven gave me some succulent clippings:
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

We found this today at clean up.  My guess is pot candy:
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Everett distributed handbills at the party.  Nice ones, too.  I thought it was great, since this is currently not in vogue:
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Happy Halloween, ya corncobs!

2 comments:

nicole said...

SO GOOD. I think ATM's costume wins! :)

AMD & KMHD said...

It was a hit! Halloween hasn't officially passed yet and we're already "wait til next year!" about our costumes.

Blog Archive